Wednesday, March 14, 2012

New week

We´re already half way through the new week.
I´ve kept busy.
Nothing special really.

Cleaning on Monday. Working out yesterday - not bad eh.
Went to the park for a 5km power walk. I was red and wet.
Talking a power walk, with a baby and stroller, at noon in Mexico in March is stupid.
It was WARM and Sunny. Felt like above 30c and my brain was boiling.
Sophia slept through it all. Good, I didn´t want anyone I know to see me like that.

Anywho, the weekend turned out to be busy.
On saturday we went to the doctor: 5.5kg and 58cm (3.4kg, 51cm when she was born).
She´s growing fast.

Other than that I have done some research for all you Mexicans - or other people who do not know what they are talking about:

* Babies under a year old have hick ups all the time and it does NOT mean they are cold. It could be because of getting air out after eating OR because of a sudden drop in temperature (could be from 30c - 25c, still NOT cold)

* Over dressing babies the way they do here in Mexico is not only uncomfortable for the baby but also DANGEROUS. It increases the risk for sids. Most importantly, above 23c the baby doesn´t really need additional layers to us. If you feel warm in shorts and a t-shirt in the summer - the baby is ok wearing only the diaper. Also, do not check if the baby is cold by touching hands or feet - they have bad circulation, so the belly or back is better.

Educate yourselves!
I am tired of EVERYTIME I meet someone (in Mexico) over 35 they either ask if the baby isn´t cold, or touch Sophia to check that she isn´t. COME ON - it´s super fucking warm.
This happens without exception
So women out there, do NOT listen to the elderly (mothers, grandmothers, mother in laws) they are MOSTLY wrong.
I am glad my mom is educated (a kindergarten teacher), and knows how to take care of babies - she lets me know that I am doing alright!
It´s well needed since after having to hear that I do it wrong more or less every time I meet someone other than Memo and the pediatrician I feel pretty alone in wanting to raise my daughter properly.

Puss

No comments:

Post a Comment